Admission format: interview
Algorithm of admission, bachelors, 2nd year:
- A student fills in the form,
- solves one of the following tasks,
- makes an opinion about the work performed by the students of the department,
- on the appointed date, makes a three-minute report on the task and on the topic or work of interest,
- is waiting for the decision of the dean’s office on the distribution to the department.
The interview procedure from the point of view of the department teachers:
1.Gathering the whole group of those wishing to enter the department,
- Listen to a short report of each participant,
- “solving a test problem”,
- “my goals for admission to the department” on the material of student works of the department,
- Ask questions, look at the questionnaire,
- Draw up a ranked list of applicants, publish [by the link here] and send it to the dean’s office, close the reception.
The Master admission procedure:
- A student fills the form,
- sends a request to mlalgorithms at gmail
- parts interview with
- BS thesis,
- topics and results of the students scientific works at the department,
- mathematics of the BS programme: algebra, analysis, probability (functional analysis and measure theory included)
Test problems (2022 and earlier)
Link – the spring of 2023 will be published here
Check the your basic abilities, spring 2023
Chapters 1, 2, 3 from the Pen and Paper Exercises in Machine Learning by Michael U. Gutmann
Tips for solving problems (these are just tips, not directions)
- A theoretical solution is more important than a practical one.
- Write the theory yourself (do not copy the material from the lectures).
- Visualize problem solving (freehand drawing is preferable to none).
- Put the results of the experiment on slides (do not show pynb).
- When discussing neural networks, keep in mind that for us they are not black boxes, but transparent ones.
- Take these, or past, or your tasks - which is interesting to you.